cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf445dw scan to computer not working

NSOK-Austin
Apprentice

mf445dw scan to computer not working and shows the name of the computer 2 to 3 times.

Can scan from the Canon Scan utility

Windows 11 with all the latest updates.

network connection is wireless with static ip address.

6 REPLIES 6

NSOK-Austin
Apprentice

the error message on the printer display is "An error occurred"

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you have multiple entries for the same device, that would likely create problems.  

Please go ahead and delete them.  Then power off and power the printer back on.

Late in 2021, Canon started providing an updated Scan to Email, Device and Network location Utility.  Its a standalone configuration utility that does the configuration for you and saves the settings directly/correctly to the printer.

shadowsports_0-1683754908684.png

This is it here for W11.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectEulaTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNTkxNDAxMDEtMDI=&cmp=ABR&eulalan...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

how do I delete the multiple entries for the same device

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Send to destinations are saved in the Address Book.  I would use the remote UI for this, but am not sure of your comfort level.  

Registering Destinations from Remote UI - Canon - imageCLASS MF449x / MF445dw / MF441dw (230V) - Use...

You should be able to use the tool I mentioned above also.

Setting a Shared Folder as a Save Location - Canon - imageCLASS MF449x / MF445dw / MF441dw (230V) - ...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

NSOK-Austin
Apprentice

the address book is empty

In the address book there is nothing that i see to scan to computer.

Hello NSOK-Austin,

The address book will save network locations, but it is for shared folder on a computer or network drives. The computer names that appear on the MF455dw display will come from computers that have the scanner driver and the MFscan utility installed. The software will forward the network name of the computer that it is installed on. If the same computer shows up more than once and the address book is empty, it would look like an install or network environment issue. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be able to check your settings and the install to see what might be going on.

Announcements