cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageFORMULA DR-C225 Poor Image Quality

marcatect
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently bought a new high-speed imageFORMULA DR-C225. I started chopping down my boxes of papers like I was a log cutter, excited by the Porsche like speed. However, I soon noticed a glitch. It seems that all the text in the articles I scanned are somewhat blurry on my monitor. There is a ghosting around the lettering. It seems like the scanner is not getting the proper focus on the pages and the text is slightly "smeared". There's a bleed through to the edges of the image. 

You can see below I have compared my Canon DR-C225 to my slower all-in-one printer scanner copier - Epson Workforce 630. The Epson scanner also has an Automatic Document Feeder so both scans used the same method of scanning. I used the same resolution for both scans - 300 DPI. You will hopefully notice how crisp the lettering and defined the edges are with the Workforce 630 and how variable the tones are in the Canon lettering and how grayed around the edges. This makes the text more difficult to read.

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 8.15.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 8.15.40 PM.png

I am not an amatuer to working with scanners and pictures. I can use photoshop pretty decently and have an "eye" for resolution of images.

Please see the setting for each of the scanners below. 

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 9.06.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 9.23.10 PM.png

I am not sure why the quality of the image is so different. Is the high speed like taking a photo from a moving car. I would like the scanner to at least match resolution to resolution with my all-in-one with automatic document feeder. 

I am now having a dilemna. I love the scanner for the variety of media types it can scan, the 11x17 capability and the space saving design. But I don't know if it is worth the loss in quality. Am I missing something? Could there be something wrong with my particular unit? Please help...

Marc

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements