cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF 654 error codes 99, 852, 853

Gundam29
Apprentice

Hello.   When my mother tries to print using her MacBook Pro (OS Ventura 13.6.6), the following error messages: 99, 852, 853.   Her print jobs are in a waiting loop and eventually disappear.   I have to print off her stuff with my Windows 11 laptop.   

What do error codes 99, 852, and 853 mean and how can I fix them?   TIA.

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I don't have access to failure codes, so a call to Canon Support would be worth the time to see what the agents can come up with.

There is the possibility that the codes might be found with a Google search, but that is just a guess. 🤔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

These errors are related to communication.  Jobs stuck in the print queue, etc.  

Please share the following information with us:

What is the printer connected to?  How does it communicate with the MAC running 13.6.6?  

Which drivers were installed for it?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for responding.

It is connected to our home's wireless network because there are no printer cable connectors for this model.    I would have to check the name of the software driver I installed into her MacBook Pro.

Announcements