cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753Cdw - scanning directly to OneDrive

richardtrodgers
Apprentice

Has anyone found a way to teach the Address Book to upload scanned PDF images to a folder in user's OneDrive (cloud) account?  If so, please share with details re HOW you did it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Do you have the OneDrive desktop client installed on your computer?

This would likely be the easiest method.  Going directly to the cloud might present challenges.  I need to review the applications library on the 753.  I'll look into it more when I can. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

richardtrodgers
Apprentice

Yep, that works!  I'm using Win11 so OneDrive app was already here.  The secret was getting the silly NETWORK ADDRESS right.  In my case, it was

Host Name: \\COMPUTERNAME

Folder Path: Users\MYUSERNAME\OneDrive

That planted my scanned files at the top of my OneDrive Files collection in an automatically-created folder bearing today's date.

Simple, elegant, and effective!  THANKS!

Rick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Do you have the OneDrive desktop client installed on your computer?

This would likely be the easiest method.  Going directly to the cloud might present challenges.  I need to review the applications library on the 753.  I'll look into it more when I can. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

richardtrodgers
Apprentice

Yep, that works!  I'm using Win11 so OneDrive app was already here.  The secret was getting the silly NETWORK ADDRESS right.  In my case, it was

Host Name: \\COMPUTERNAME

Folder Path: Users\MYUSERNAME\OneDrive

That planted my scanned files at the top of my OneDrive Files collection in an automatically-created folder bearing today's date.

Simple, elegant, and effective!  THANKS!

Rick

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Quick Update.  The Application Library does include support for Scanning to Cloud Apps.  I read the terms and the printer can scan directly to One Drive, Google Drive, etc.  Check out the Application Library for more details.  

shadowsports_0-1712888142480.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements