cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF743Cdw - Able to print envelopes double sided?

scheasbro
Apprentice

I have a project that I'm working on for a wedding and would like to pre-address A2 envelopes from a merge file. However, to complicate things, I want to place the return address on the back flap. Is this possible to do with the MF-743cdw printer? Or would I be better off using my cheaper Canon ink jet printer to print one side and then print the back side as a separate print run?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Regardless of the printer, you'll get the best results printing one side then the other in two separate operations.  

I've used MS Word (envelopes feature) and mail merge.  Printing the return address is even easier.  You'll save a boatload of money and can chose a great font to really personalize the invite.  As nice as professonal inviations are, 95% are thrown away after the event.  Make sure you look at envelope size weight as well.  Postage varies depending on the envelope dimensions an weight.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Scheasbro,

The MF743Cdw does not support duplex printing on envelopes. To prevent paper jams or smudging on the prints, I would suggest printing on one side and then reloading the envelopes to print on the other side.

Announcements