cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw: lines on scanned copies from the scanner top to bottom

cjarn
Apprentice

How can i get rid of this line from my scanner?  This only happens on the paper feed on top. If I scan a single copy on the table, there is  no line..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cjarn
Apprentice

issue resolved by cjarn   after lifting the top of the scan tray, i looked on the top part of the scanner where it feeds the paper to the computer it was clear. but the other side onthe area directly under this had a couple small black lines on it.Ink or toner ?  that is what made the continious line possible. A q-tip with some alcohol took the black off.  now the scanner only sees the paper copy with no line.  result> clear copy with no line. problem solved!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

cjarn
Apprentice

issue resolved by cjarn   after lifting the top of the scan tray, i looked on the top part of the scanner where it feeds the paper to the computer it was clear. but the other side onthe area directly under this had a couple small black lines on it.Ink or toner ?  that is what made the continious line possible. A q-tip with some alcohol took the black off.  now the scanner only sees the paper copy with no line.  result> clear copy with no line. problem solved!

Announcements