cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4800-Series Creating Printer Copies In Devices and Printers With Different Settings

CityguyUSA
Apprentice

For what I want to do it shouldn't matter what printer I have but just so I say it Canon MF4800dw connected to Windows 10x64.

I would like to create copies of any printer really in Devices and Printers that would have specific setups. For example let's say my default printer is a Canon MF4800dw Uri.... I want to make a copy of that printer and change the printing preferences to always print 1-sided and have a second copy of that same printer that would print 2-sided or whatever options I would like to set.

I hate having to go into preferences everytime I print something and would much rather just choose a the copy of the printer that would give me my preferred preferences ie Canon MF4800 1-Sided or Canon MF4800 2-Sided in the selection box when I go to print a document. This would be huge time saver for me but I don't know if you can copy a printer and change the settings without affecting the original as well?

I don't see a copy function in Devices and Printers only "Create a Shortcut" which I'm not sure what exactly that would solve. Where would it put a shortcut and why? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have a shortcut on my Desktop of my default printer.. For what reason would I ever click such a thing?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not best practice. I would recommend one printer instance, with saved printing profiles for the tasks you wish to perform. You can select paper type, size and more. Then when sending a job, you select the corresponding profile and get the desired result.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That's what I'm doing but you have to make that choice by going into properties every time you print something that doesn't adhere to the default. It would be much easier to just select a different copy of a printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements