cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF455dw extremely slow to scan, cancels the job with a generic "Error"

scubacat1
Apprentice

I bought an Imageclass MF455dw and have had nothing but trouble with it (and have only owned it for one day!).

I had a lot of problems connecting with my MacBook, but finally got that set up and have been successful scanning directly from the printer via the "Computer" option.  However, half the time I try to scan, the scanner never starts feeding the document and I get an "Error" without it saying what the problem is.  I've noticed the problem more on the document feeder.  Is the scanner having issues recognizing that there's a document sitting there waiting to be scanned, or could it be a problem connecting to my computer?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Scubacat1,

The issue that you are describing looks like it could be caused by a poor connection. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  2. Does it take a long time to perform a copy or do you get any errors when you try making a copy?
Announcements