cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF453dw White Border on Scanned Image

gtg362i
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon imageCLASS MF453dw multi-function printer and scanner. I've noticed that when scanning from the platen glass input source a several pixel wide white border is present in the scanned image, even though the object I'm scanning is all the way in the corner on the scanning bed. The attached scan of the user manual for the printer illustrates this. The white border can be seen at the top and left of the scanned image.

Can this border be disabled? Is my printer defective or is this how all of them scan? Thanks for everyone's help and input!

IMG_0009.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gtg362i,

The image above looks like the scanner was set to scan the full platen or is set to the wrong size. We can help with adjust the scan settings to resolve the issue. You can try adjusting the scan settings on the display or from your device using the scanning instructions in the link HERE. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. You can also contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help with adjusting the scanner settings.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you trying to start the scan from the scan utility software or is it from the printer's operation panel?

I'm using Windows 10 and I'm scanning from the MF Scan Utility software

Hello Gtg362i,

When scanning from the MF scan utility, you can adjust the size of the paper size so the document is the only item that is scanned. 

1. Click on settings in the lower right of the scan utility.
  2. On the left, select the scan button that you would like to adjust the scan setting for.
  3. On the right, you can click on the paper size drop down and select the paper size for your document or select custom to enter the paper size.

No matter what custom size I use I still get a white border on the top and the left side of the scan.

Announcements