cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF451dw Connected USB Cable Too Soon During Setup

RS82943
Apprentice

I have a cannon imageclass mf451dw printer. When I was downloading the cd software, at the beginning it ask if i was using a usb connectiion. I chose the usb connection and plugged in the usb cord. This was not to be plugged in until later in the download. There was a warning label on the printer over the usb connection not to plug in the usb cord until the software was download. Did I damage the printer? It will copy and scan but can not get it to print off my computer screen. I removed the software and tried to download again but it still does not print from computer screen. Any suggestions if the printer was damaged or how to correct it?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you connected the USB cable before the drivers installed the hardware should be fine. If the cable was connected early, there is a chance the computer created a generic connection for the printer and it is preventing you from using the printer properly. To install the software, you will usually need to remove that generic connection to continue. For help with removing connections or installing the software, you can contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or reply to this message with the specific version of the Mac or Windows operating system on your computer.

Announcements