cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF3010 Scanner Doesn't Work

brown34
Apprentice

Ive tried the install with CD provided and also tried the recommened drivers that were on the website.

Tried from CD. Printer works, copier works but cant scan documents to the computer.

I un-installed all items from the CD installation.

I downloaded the drivers from canon website (recommended one per my cpu)

I have also gone to properties and run in administration mode - doesn't do anything

Every time I open Canon MF Toobox 4.9 I get the following message:

"A supportscreenshot.PNG

printer is Canon ImageClass MF 3010

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, brown34!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

brown34
Apprentice

In no hurry....just would like to get it to work.

I have:

• windows 10 Home
  • Version 21H2
  • OS Build 19044.2251

i dont know what else to give. printer and copier work. I just can scan. when i open mf toolbox. i get the screenshot above.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you disconnect the printer from USB before installing the drivers? This is in the installtion instructions:

Driver Version : UFR II Printer Driver - V20.95, ScanGear - V11.3
*Precaution When Using a USB Connection
Disconnect the USB cable that connects the device and computer before installing the driver.
Connect the USB cable after installing the driver.

Are you able to scan from the printer's control panel?

Are you able to scan using ScanGear?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Did you disconnect the printer from USB before installing the drivers? This is in the installtion instructions:

unistall and followed the steps but it stops after step 9. Does not go to step 10.

same message as above

printer works per cable

copier works from printer & dont know how from cpu

What is this?

Ive tried install from disc provided with purchase and recommend drivers for MF3010 from canon site.

When i do recommended for drivers I get the following three

recommended.PNG

Where do I get this one?

Hello Brown34,

If the driver installation did not complete, it would explain the error. The message can come up, if the scanner driver for the MF3010 is not installed on the computer. You can try removing the USB connection for the printer and reinstalling the drivers to see if it resolves the issue. You can leave the printer on and connected while performing the steps and turn off any other USB printers.

1. press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  2. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom.
  3. Right click and uninstall any connections for USB printing support.
  4. Disconnect the USB cable.

Once the cable has been removed, you can try downloading and installing the recommended setup from our website or using the setup disc again. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup prompts you to connect the cable.

If the setup still does not complete, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is preventing the setup from completing.

Ive unistalled and re-installed 3 or 4 times now. 1st time i messed up with usb being plugged in. Try 2 3 and 4 was not plugged in. Still getting the same error above. Scan Gear - do not know what your talking about. All i get is a readme file for scangear. No actual program is actually installed called Scan Gear. Ive search entire computer and only the readme file. What our the hours of customer support. I work on the phone monday through friday from 8 am to 5 pm which is typical working hours of most. This is printer/scanner/copier is for personal use. 

Announcements