cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF242dw jamming after each page...

j_vanek
Apprentice

I have an imageclassmf242dw I purchased ~14 months ago that has suddenly started jamming if I try to print more than one page. After each page, I get the error message that the printer is jammed ("Printer is jammed or no cart"). At that point, I can pull out the toner cartridge, put it back in, and printing will continue. If I was only printing one page, nothing will be jammed, but the error message still pops up, but I can "fix" it by removing the cartridge and putting it back in.

However, if I try to print multiple pages, it will print the first page, but then it *will* jam on the second page. I must then remove the jam, pull out the cartridge, and replace it. At this point, it will print the *first page again*, then jam each time and I must cancel the print job.

I spoke to Cannon on the phone, and they suggested I buy a brand-new canon cartridge (not from Amazon to avoid counterfeits). I did so from Office Max, but the problem persists and now I wasted $100 on a new cartridge.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello J_vanek,

If you have replaced the cartridge with a genuine Canon toner cartridge and you are still getting paper jams and replace cartridge errors, it would mean the printer needs service. In this situation, you can check for your available service options by logging into your MyCanon account.

j_vanek
Apprentice

I called support and they said no service or repair is available for this model. Extremely disappointing. No repair options for a $300 machine? Guess Canon is on my do not buy list, along with HP. 

Announcements