cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF216n misidentified by PC, unable to scan via Toolbox

Foster
Apprentice

We have an imageCLASS MF216n connected to a Windows 11 PC via USB. Windows can see and print to the printer however, Windows thinks it is a MF210 and says that there is no driver available. I have tried installing the correct drivers for the MF216n but the installation cannot find the printer. I have completely removed the printer and all drivers and tried again, it still cannot find it. Windows just shows it as an MF210 with no driver again.

We also cannot use the Toolbox to scan, it just states that there are no compatible scanners and to reinstall the toolbox once we install a compatible printer.

Anyone have any ideas? I feel like I've tried everything with this printer.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Foster,

The MF216n is part of the 210 series so it is normal for it to appear in the scan utility that way. If you are getting that message, it usually means that the drivers had a problem during the install or the Windows Image Acquisition service needs to be restarted. 

You can try pressing the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK. In the list of service that appear, you can select the WIA service and then click the option at the top of the window to restart the service. Once restarted, you can disable any security software running on the computer and then reinstall the [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF217w/MF216n/MF212w MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) from our Canon USA support site. 

If you continue to have issues after the reinstall, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 to see what is preventing the driver from installing or being recognized.

Announcements