cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D570 & MF242dw Problems after upgrade to macOS Ventura 13.6

eds1158533
Apprentice

I've been having problems with my two Canon printers since I got Ventura 13.6. One is a D570 and the other a MF242DW. 

I didn't have the problem with the earlier version of  Ventura. 

The printers will work periodically - it seems it constantly loses contact and the computer cannot communicate with the printer. 

I've done numerous troubleshooting- changing USB cords, changing ports, resetting printer system, reinstalling drivers, turning both printer and computer on/off, pressing "pause" and then restarting the printer job. Sometimes it would work if I print the same page twice, since I will be prompter to "resume" printing and that will make it work, but that also stopped working. 

I think the problem is on Apple's end, but if anyone can offer any guidance, I would greatly appreciate it. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

If you are running into issues after upgrading to Ventura, you can try downloading and installing the latest version for the drivers for the printers from our site using the link HERE. If you continue to have issues, you can contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  2. When you are unable to print from the Mac, what errors do you get on the computer screen or on the printer?

eds1158533
Apprentice

Sorry for the delay. I can get the machine to work if I turn it off and on again. I do not get an error message - the printing job just stays in the queue and will not start unless the printer is turned off/on. 

eds1158533
Apprentice

I forgot to mention, I'm only using USB

Announcements