cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D570 - Internet Connection Required to update driver on a non-wifi enabled printer?

Kat27
Apprentice

Trying to update the driver for my Canon imageClass 570 and it appears my choices are to use wifi or a USB to USB cord. The printer is not wifi enabled, it is hooked to my computer with an ethernet cord (?) but that is apparently not enough to get the downloaded driver on to the printer. My magic box of cords does not have a USB to USB cord so I'm hoping there is a way and I'm just missing it.

Why would wifi be required to update a non-wifi enable device?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kat27,

You would need a network connection to download and install drivers for the printer from our support site. The printer would connect to your computer with a Standard A to B USB cable. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you trying to update the firmware for the printer or is the drivers on your computer?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements