cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D570 Cannot Print at Home But Does Print Elsewhere

PETERLEE
Apprentice

I am frustrated with the problem for 2 wks for the printing at home.

I can not print with home wireless network. I set up with wireless lan in my friend network setting and

printing worked great with my phones and Chromebook. Unfortunately at home same set up in

network settings-wireless lan-access point-my wireless password-connected shows on the screen.

The blue wireless lamp is solid lit. Unfortunately when I start printing from phones and Chromebook, no

response print. the phone just showed my friend IP 192.168.254.13 with CANON D570, the phone screen

shows this printer isn't available right now. Chromebook just in store print job, no printing too. I've been trying

every day for 2 weeks, no help. Can friends here help me out. Thank you so much first for any idea.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello, Dexman, great news, I just use usb cable connected the printer and chromebook, Chromebook pops up message that connected to D570, then I start sending out the print, it does print. you can tell how exciting and happy I am !!! I am sure you also be happy for me. Thank you very much, Dexman. I will have great sleep, you too. 

View solution in original post

normadel
Authority
Authority

Was the printer setup at friend's office with a static IP address? The address you gave doesn't sound like a common one on home routers.  If so, change the printer to use DHCP for its IP address at home.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

At home, are the 570 and the computers/smartphone connected to the same router, or are they connected to different routers (maybe a second router acting as an extender, but operating as a separate router? 🤔

Yes, phones and Chromebook and D570 are connected the same router, I just have one wifi, but printer just no show processing data, no print.

Would it be possible to reset the router & printer and pair them again?

If the printer is connected to the router via a cable, does it work properly?

Hello, Dexman, great news, I just use usb cable connected the printer and chromebook, Chromebook pops up message that connected to D570, then I start sending out the print, it does print. you can tell how exciting and happy I am !!! I am sure you also be happy for me. Thank you very much, Dexman. I will have great sleep, you too. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

Was the printer setup at friend's office with a static IP address? The address you gave doesn't sound like a common one on home routers.  If so, change the printer to use DHCP for its IP address at home.

Yes, the printer setup at my friend's motel with the motel wifi, last night I just happened to connect the printer and 
Chromebook with a usb cable, then the printer works printing. I did not do anything to the printer like network setting or something else. I will try tonight and see if the printer still can print. Thank you. 

Announcements