cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color imageclass MF733Cdw leaving track marks across prints

bbyron
Apprentice

I've had an imageclass MF733Cdw printer for a few years now with no issues. Within the last few months it started leaving these black track marks across the full right side of every page I print. The problem effects both sides if printing front and back, and also occurs with black only prints as well as color.

I'm using all genuine cartridges purchased directly through Canon and didn't see any obvious issues when I pulled them out and inspected.

Today I ran four of the printers maintenance cleanings - belt, feeders, etc. and the color print I tested right after was actually worse! Any help is greatly appreciated. before and after track marksbefore and after track marks

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bbyron,

If you are getting smudges or ghosting on your prints, you can try turning on High/low humidity mode or changing the setting for ghosting using the steps in the link HERE. If you continue to have issues after changing the settings or if there is still some light streaking, you can try cleaning the fixing assembly to see if it resolves the issue. 

If you continue to get smudges on the prints, You can try reseating the cartridges and check the inside of the printer for any loose toner power that can be wiped up with a damp cloth.

Announcements