cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install the driver- IJ driver installer has stopped working

tatealex
Apprentice

IJ driver installer has stopped working when downloading the driver for PIXMA MX 892 in Windows 10 version 1511 for 64 based system

Windows informs that:" a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, etc."Smiley Sad

28 REPLIES 28

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To try and resolve this issue, please restart your computer.  Then check to see if the printer is listed in the Printers section of the Control Panel.  If so, cancel any jobs that are in queue.  This should allow you to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the exact same issue with the MX925 driver. This is completely fresh install of Windows 10 x64 that has been patched to build 1511.

The printer shows in the devices list but as the install crashed very early on I'm not convinced that it'll work. The only app that installed is the "Canon Inkjet Print Utility". For what it's worth, it appears to uninstall cleanly, but subsequent attempts to reinstall produce the same crash.

If there's any logs that I can send your way, please let me know!

Have exactly the same problem with MX885

Please can we get some feedback on this? I'm having to resort to Google Could Print but it doesn't let me print B&W. This is very frustrating.

Saturn
Apprentice

Yes, have exactly the same problem here on Windows 10 and MX475.

The driver installation fails with that error message. I think i was able to narrow the problem to the Scanner drivers. I managed to install everything except for the scanner capabilties. The Scan capibilties don't show up under the Quick Menu and i can't selecet a Scanner under settings. Also, every time you run the driver installation it makes a copy of the printer.

Here are screen catpures:

error1

error2

error3

error4

Please fix it ASAP!
Thanks.

Same here with MX870 exact same problem.

thedude4
Apprentice

Same with MX920

Saturn
Apprentice

Worth noting that i installed the drivers with no problems on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

Can somebody try running the installer in compatibility mode? I don't have my laptop handy to try it myself, but will do if no-one else has this evening.

Announcements