cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Print on Used imageCLASS MF641Cw

newowner
Apprentice

I recently purchased a very nice condition MF641Cw printer from a pawn shop.  So, this may make for an interesting adventure.  I have downloaded drivers and signal was received by printer when trying to print document however, I received a suspended message.  I looked at settings with a how to video; that raised a concern that preferences and settings may be locked with former username and password.  So, now where do I really need to start??  Is this going to be an impossible project?  I need printer sooner than later.  Am I going to need a professional Canon rep?  Thanks for any advice possible.

2 REPLIES 2

Check out THIS thread on here from a few years ago and scroll to the bottom. It should apply to your device as well. If not, you will need to contact Canon support and have a tech walk you through it. There is always a "back door" 😉

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The system manager / remote UI and settings requite a PIN to administer the device.

The default username and password is administrator and 7654321.  Or the numeric value twice.  With some models the password can also be the printers serial number.  Depends on the age and FW.  If the remote UI is locked, the PIN could be just about anything numeric 4-8 characters.  To reset, you will need Canon's assistance.  

KB Article 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements