cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New non-Canon laser cartridge does not allow me to print without action

btguy
Apprentice

Hello all-- First time here.

I ordered a replacement blk laser cartridge. The toner cartridge happened to be a non-original one.

However, after inserting the new toner, every time I turn the printer on, it makes a warning sound and have to walk to the printer to disable the sound and to allow the printer to print a document.

It seems to me that I should be the one deciding if I want an original Canon-laser cartridge, not the Canon.

Question: How do I disable the warning sound for a non-original cartridge installation?

Anyone pelase.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, btguy!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon laser printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Danny,

The printer is a I-Sensys MF 724 Cdw which appears to be very similar to the Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw.

The problem:

when a non-canon toner cartridge is inserted and the printer re-started, it makes a sound warnig and it does NOT print until one physically walks or drives (the printer is networked) to the laser printer and clears the warning allowing the printer to finally print.

It does not seem fair that Canon forces consumers to only use Canon original consumables.

I my business wants to save money it should be able to purchase a non-original toner, which appears to work just fine after clearing the warning.

I hope that this is a bug and that it can be addressed with a new firmware.

Please advise.

Announcements