cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MF743cdw won't recognize my new additional printer tray!

xeniavintage
Apprentice

If anyone can tell me how I can get my newly installed AF-1 paper cassette tray recognized by my printer, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!!  

Background: I wanted to have an additional paper tray available to leave my letter head paper in, separate from the regular copier paper.  I purchased a Canon AF-1 cassette tray for this purpose.  After attaching it to my printer, the tray is not recognized!  When I get ready to send a document to the printer, the print menu comes up but has no option to choose either tray 1 or tray 2.  The only time it will give me an option to choose a tray is when I'm printing a JPG file.  For all other documents I do not even get a tray option!  This is sooo frustrating!

What am I doing wrong???

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Xeniavintage,

If you are using Windows, you can try reinstalling the recommended drivers on your computer while the paper tray is connected. Once the drivers are reinstalled, you will have the additional paper tray options. If you are using the printer from a Mac, you can delete and then add the printer using the +/- at the bottom of the printer list.

Announcements