cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify GX6021 not printing color correctly

Marci
Contributor

Once I refilled the ink, the color is no longer printing accurately. I've updated drivers. I'm using Canon ink. I've checked to be sure all the ink places are shut properly. What else can I do to correct this?

Many thanks for taking the time to assist me!

Marci

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Marci!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and which applications you're printing from.  It would also help to know in what way the colors are inaccurate.  You could do that by posting the original image or document alongside a photo of the printout so that we can see how they compare.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Marci
Contributor

Sorry about not including enough info.

I'm working with Windows 10. The printing is inaccurate with any type of printing -- in Word, Excel, Publisher, Lightroom, right-click and print, etc. I'm uncertain if this is what you mean by which app I'm using. 

It's difficult to describe the color issues. Often a photo is too yellow or too green. Often highlighted words print as yellow, if they print at all. Sometimes colored words don't print as solid colors.

I'm attaching a scan of a printed page. The original can be seen at this link: https://bugguide.net/node/view/1040367

Test scan for color issue.jpg

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please use the steps HERE to print a nozzle check. Once it prints, please take a picture of it and attach it to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I thought I had sent this already. I did a deep nozzle clean and here is what printed out. 

DSC06924-1.jpg

The printer continues to not print right after cleaning the nozzles. Any further thoughts?

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Marci, 

The image looks like there is a problem with the color print head or there is air in the ink lines. In this situation, you can try reseating the color print head that the ink sprays out of. You can use the steps in the link HERE to reseat the color print head. While reseating the color print head, you can inspect the color ink lines attached to the print head carriage. If those lines are empty or if they have large gaps in them, you can perform a color only ink flush to refill the ink lines.

Announcements