cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8200C will not print from scan or copy, but will print from printer

LokiPokie
Apprentice

Hi Canon experts,

Fortunately, this is my first post.  All of a sudden my MF8200 prints out blank pages during scanning and copying from both the feeder and the flatbed.  Printing from the computer still works fine.

Any thoughts for troubleshooting this?  I'm wondering if there is a problem with the light sensor or something?  It lights but not too brightly.  Is it possible to test this?  Can I replace it?  We like the printer.

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

The easiest way to test it would be to try a scan to your computer to see if they are blank. If the scanner goes through the motions of scanning and the results are blank. It would mean there is a problem with the hardware or the scanner is not getting enough power. 

You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If that does not resolve the issue, it would mean the scanner needs service. You can use the link HERE to access your My Canon account and check you available service options.

Announcements