cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF654Cdw rotates the image when the envelope/page size changes

rossta0825
Apprentice

So I was trying to print the mailing info from a Mac Contacts entry.  Read up on using the Multipurpose slot on the front and piece of paper in there about the size of my envelope to test it out since the envelope is for a greeting card and I only have the one.  That paper was 7" wide x 4.5" high.  It prints  just as expected and as shown in the preview.  Yay.  Now I'm safe to load my precious envelope.

So, I load my envelope and adjust the size slightly to 7.5" wide x 5.0" high.  I print and the  printer decides to print it in portrait despite being set to landscape - ruining my only envelope!  Arggh. 

I run a variety of test prints to get to the root of this and discover the width doesn't seem to influence this failure. But I see that having the height right up to 4.95" high still prints correctly landscape, but at even 4.99" it rotates to portrait (I didn't try to isolate exactly where it fails - already did dozens of prints to get that close). 

So, I'm not looking for suggestions really.  I just want to report this bug in the driver. But like most companies these days, Canon has a wall to protect them from such helpful information - after all, these bugs are really all just dumb users. But I did find that unless you need to print on more of the envelope than 4.95", you can insert a larger envelope and it will print just fine in the location of the center 4.95" space. This can also be a good way to work around the required margins to get your return address closer to the top - just open the guides a little wider and align to the left one.

I hope this helps some and maybe saves them from ruining a precious envelope.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements