cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw scans crooked

Manga
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a new MF644Cdw. I'm satisfied with the print quality but I'm having trouble with the scans. The scans are crooked. Not much, about 2 degrees, but you will understand that it is annoying.

Problem that I encountered both with the ADF and placing the document directly on the glass.

What can I do to fix it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Into the ADF I cannot be sure but on the platten glass I'm sure, the paper it's correctly aligned.

Last night I did some tests again, it's crooked about 1°. Not much, on a text document it is not noticed but on tables or documents with horizontal lines it can be noticed.

I also tried on a printer of a competing brand in the office and the result is even worse.

Therefore I deduce that my situation can be considered tolerance by the manufacturer.

I believe I will correct, when I need it, with dedicated software...Smiley Indifferent

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This issue can be caused by the following:

Paper not crrectly aligned on the platten glass.  Pages not being fed into the ADF straight or paper is loaded slightly off in the paper drawer. 

Of course the problem could be the printer too, but I'd look at the above first. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Into the ADF I cannot be sure but on the platten glass I'm sure, the paper it's correctly aligned.

Last night I did some tests again, it's crooked about 1°. Not much, on a text document it is not noticed but on tables or documents with horizontal lines it can be noticed.

I also tried on a printer of a competing brand in the office and the result is even worse.

Therefore I deduce that my situation can be considered tolerance by the manufacturer.

I believe I will correct, when I need it, with dedicated software...Smiley Indifferent

I have the same issue. It pisses me off that this is something they marked solved. This is the second MF644cdw, my first had a major noise issue. These things are not worth the hassle.

mark17
Apprentice

Hi,

Same thing happened to me using the ADF. Brand new MF644Cdw. Scans from the platen glass are fine but are skewed when using the ADF.

Can't seem to find a way to fix this. I just compensate by adjusting the angle of the documents going into the feeder. Would be helpful if there is a "deskew" option in the software.

This is not fixed. Unfortunately all documents appear to be yanked into the ADF more towards one side than another. 

Downloaded the NAPS2 app. It is an open source software that has the "deskew" option. Solves the problem for me

I registered just to say that THIS is the solution! Installed on Mac (says Windows and Linux are available) and set up a profile with auto deskew set. Does what Canon's software should do and was simpler to use so far. Will also be donating to the project to support it. Thanks for the suggestion!

glbgroup
Apprentice

Brand new MF644cdw Nov 2021 scans crooked when using ADF. NOT SOLVED. Faulty Canon roller alignment.

slinky
Contributor
Here's how I managed to get scans straighter. I pushed the scanning mechanism tight against the paper and then held it there to ensure that it wouldn't let paper slide. After the first few sheets I was able to let go and it seemed to improve results. Not optimal and still getting some feed issues occasionally. Would appreciate if someone looked into this.
Announcements