cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW low toners but prints good.

splukany
Apprentice

Since few months I receive error on my monitor and on printer about toners.

Black 0%, end of life

Yellow 0%, end of life

Magenta 10%, prepare cartridge

Cyan 10%, prepare cartridge.

I print with no problem. I printed today few test pages from google withlots of colors. All look good.

What should I do to clear this error? Obviously toners are not empty.

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Splukany, 

The toner cartridges do contain a bit more toner than is shown on the counter. Once the counter hits 0, you can continue using the toner cartridge in the printer until you run into print quality issues. There would not be a way to clear the message about the toner level, but it should not get in the way of performing any prints.

A_dude123
Apprentice

They may be something defective with the counter. I think it may be counting even when the printer 'wakes up'. I really don't print often enough. Especially when the cartridge says it's good for 1500 pages (black large capacity). I know I haven't printed that many within the past year. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

You may clear the messages by taking out the toner cartridges and gently shaking then side-to-side to distribute the toner evenly across the cartridge. But eventually there won't be enough toner left to register on the detector that senses when they are low.

Nope, doesn't work.

normadel
Authority
Authority

So, keep using the toner in the printer until it runs out, cartridge-by-cartridge, or change the two that say "End of life" now, and the other two when they get to that point! Up to you.

Announcements