cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF632Cdw refuses to scan with Mac OS X El Capitan

JulianJaymes
Apprentice

Copying and printing work fine. Scanning does not. I have recently updated both my OS and my drivers for the MF632Cdw from the Canon site.

Basically: I can't scan with either Scan Utility OR MF Toolbox. I HAVE tried to add my scanner to MF Toolbox and it does not come up in the list to add.

Canon MF Scan Utility SOMETIMES works, but usually just for one or two scans, and then I end up stuck again without any way to scan.

I have sometimes had luck with restarting the printer, restarting the Scan Utility, restarting computer, etc, but it has barely made a difference.

I have gotten various errors like 600001, 600104, etc. Usually starts with 600. But it varies, which is weird.

Not sure if it's related, but I've also gotten  "Error E003-0000" randomly, when I haven't even been using the machine, and it says that if the machine doesn't recover, I should contact my service representative (is that calling Canon or going back to Best Buy?).

I'm just really worried because this is NOT a small ticket item (for me at least) and I've already invested in ink and such, and I want it to work, which I think is understandable.

I've always respected Canon so I am hopeful that I can get this baby working and have the scanning work as well as the printing does.

Thanks,

Julian

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Julian!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

James_C

Hi JulianJaymes 

Based on the specfic different issues described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. They will be able to assist you with the issues described.  To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements