cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF632Cdw - How to use with iPad 9

Nanavirginnia
Apprentice

I bought this about 5 years ago.  Only used few times then due to medical issues I stopped scrapbooking for several years.  Now I’m crafting again: paper crafts and printing sewing patterns, & recipes.  (My ancient HP 8610 is on borrowed time, I’m afraid).     I’m 78 so I might have misunderstood Canon’s reply to my inquiry last month, that this printer is compatible with the tablet.  I’m hoping to install wirelessly to my tablet: Apple iPad 9.   But all information on downloads, etc, at Canon site refers only to Windows and Mac.    So do I have an expensive paperweight now?   Please help me determine if I’m wasting time pursuing a solution, or sell at a loss?   Secondly, I also purchased 4 boxes of toner at same time—still sealed—do you suppose they’re still good?   Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should be able to download this app to your iPad:

Canon PRINT Business on the App Store (apple.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

While I have a different model of laser printer, I believe that when I first set mine up, I didn't do anything on my Macintosh computer.  Instead, I went through the various menus on the printer itself and connected it to my WiFi network.   Then, the first test I did was to print from my iPhone which uses AirPrint.  The phone was able to see the printer and was successful in printing a document.

Having said that, I am finding that I have to manually wake the printer before printing since its IP address will change (I plan to fix this).   But, the printer shouldn't require any software for the iPad.  As long as you've set up the printer and the iPad to be on the same WiFi network, the iPad should be able to see the printer (may have to wake up the printer first though).

I don't know how long the shelf life would be for unused toner, but my guess is that because it doesn't contain anything wet, it should be OK.   Though you should reach out to Canon support over the phone to double-check that using such toner would be OK.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I’ve downloaded all apps to iPad.  The connection to network instructions say to select ACCESS POINT on the printer itself.  Can’t find that button to select, nor will it connect by selecting to connect automatically to my network that appears on screen.   

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should be able to download this app to your iPad:

Canon PRINT Business on the App Store (apple.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements