cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF455dw won't connect to print - Windows 10

richgvt
Apprentice

My all in one was working fine and now all of a sudden when I try to print nothing happens.  It is hooked up to wifi.  The copier works fine.  Any ideas.  I have not changed anything.   

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, richgvt!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and whether you're getting any error messages on the printer or your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 10  I have not gotten any error messages.  Printer was working fine yesterday.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings

Printer is connected to WiFi,  assume the computer is on the same network.  What is the IP of the printer?  Can you ping the printer from a command prompt?  Can you open and log into its admin portal in a browser?

If no, log into your router and verify the printers IP address on the network.  This will be listed under attached devices.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I unplugged the router and printer then restarted.  Seems to have fixed it.  Thanks for your reply.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Glad you worked it out.  If you have the problem again, you can assign a static or reserved IP for the printer.  If you need help with this, just reply back to this thread.  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements