cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF445 Scanner Selection Utility Issue

MysteryWriter
Contributor

I have chronicled my issues with scanning via WIFI and won't repeat them here. I did connect the printer via USB and all functions are working properly.

I have again set up the wireless connection, reinstalled the drivers, and printed a test page. But the scanner remains belligerent.

After the drivers were installed, two device icons appeared on the computer. (See screen shot.)

The scanner selection utility and the scanning utility do not appear to use the same naming convention that is used to identify the default device.

Is this a problem or am I reaching for an explanation that so far has escaped discovery? 

E2627135-1F7D-4DCE-903C-8987F083F5D3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MysteryWriter
Contributor

I have posted multiple times regarding my inability to scan over WIFI.

I again contacted Canon. I was surprised at how quickly I was connected with a tech rep.

Let me say that the tech rep did a good job of walking me through the printer set up field values. In the end, it was concluded that the problem is in some esoteric interaction between my router, Microsoft and Canon.

The workaround was to connect the scanner to my computer and scan through USB. Then connect wirelessly for printing only.

Canon should be better at this, but I'll keep the printer and scan the old fashion way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MysteryWriter
Contributor

I have posted multiple times regarding my inability to scan over WIFI.

I again contacted Canon. I was surprised at how quickly I was connected with a tech rep.

Let me say that the tech rep did a good job of walking me through the printer set up field values. In the end, it was concluded that the problem is in some esoteric interaction between my router, Microsoft and Canon.

The workaround was to connect the scanner to my computer and scan through USB. Then connect wirelessly for printing only.

Canon should be better at this, but I'll keep the printer and scan the old fashion way.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements