cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF264dwII menu screen blank, won't print or scan

michaelmichael
Apprentice

My MF264dwII stopped doing anything, and its menu screen is illuminated but blank, except for some differently-shaded rectangles (there is no text). When I try to access its remote UI from a browser, I get "The connection has timed out". I have tried unplugging and replugging it. The power button does cause the menu screen to light up and turn off. Turning it on, I hear healthy-sounding churning, but other than that, I can't seem to do anything with it in this state.

Is there a way to reset it?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

It looks like the printer may need service. If nothing is showing on the display and the printer doe not respond to any button presses, you can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

If the printer still does not respond when it turns back on, it looks like the printer needs service. You can check your available service options by logging into your MyCanon account or contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

Announcements