cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 issue continues, fax document gets stuck in print queue

smolsbee
Contributor

I keep having an issue with my printer. When I go to send a fax (and sometimes when just printing), the document gets stuck in the print que.

I have followed and continue to follow the instructions previously given: 1. windows key and R 2. services, stop print spool, 3. windows key and R 4. Spool 5. delete printers folder 6.restart printer spool.

This works fine to get it cleared out but I shouldn't have to do it the majority of the time. It was working properly until about 2 months ago.

How do I fix this so I don't have to go through these steps each time?

MB2720, Windows 10 x64

6 REPLIES 6

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

If it hasn't been done already, delete the printer drivers from the computer and reload them from Canon's website. Another option would be to factory default the printer and reprogram it. I own an MF743Cdw, so I'm not familiar with the Maxify's menu structure & options.

smolsbee
Contributor

Yes, the drivers have been deleted completely and readded. I will try to figure out how to factory default the printer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Can you please tell us how your printer connected and to what?  

Wireless, Ethernet, USB?

Thank you

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

smolsbee
Contributor

The printer is connected by Ethernet but also usable with wi-fi. The ethernet cable runs from my printer into the router and then router to PC. It use to work correctly and then it stopped working the way it should have. Nothing has been changed on my end that I know of.

Greetings,

I'm curious what is the purpose of having the printer connected via ethernet and Wi-Fi?  A network does not differentiate between how devices are connected (wired or wireless).  The exception being a isolated guest network or when using wireless direct, but this is intended for environments without a network available.  Bouncing the Print Spooler service as a means to clear your print queue is not normal operation.  All of the above will likely increase your chances for complications.   

I would suggest picking one connection method.  Wired or wireless would probably be the most useful.  This will allow any device connecting to your network (regardless of connection type) to use the printer.

So we have a clearer picture.  Are you using a phone line for Fax or an internet fax service?

As dexman335 recommended, starting over would be a good idea, choosing one connection type.

Next step:

Remove the printer (all instances) from the Control Panel > Devices and Printers Applet .  MB2720, MB2720 (FAX) etc.  Use right-click, remove device from the context menu.

shadowsports_0-1709150453621.png

Once complete, return to Control Panel > Programs and Features

Uninstall all Canon Software related to the printer (one by one)

shadowsports_1-1709150593824.png

Reboot your system.  Visit the support portal for your printer:

Canon Support for MAXIFY MB2720 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

This is the installer you will need.

Maxify2720_ Windows 10 x64

Run setup installing the printer again.  Note, if you are using ethernet, disable wireless on the printers control panel.  If you decide on wireless, disconnect the ethernet cable.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

smolsbee
Contributor

merely stating that it is connected by ehternet cable but can function on wi-fi. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything to do with the printer, drivers, software, etc. I even had difficulty getting the stuff to reinstall from the disk and canon site download. The printer usually doesn't hold onto the documents in que if I print or delete them prior to printing. It has mainly been an issue with faxes.

I haven't needed to fax anything since I reinstalled everything. They do look "different" in my device area. I will update how it is working when I find someplace to fax to just to test it. Thank you for your help.

Announcements