cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2700 Ink running out too fast

tifischer
Apprentice

My printer Canon MB2700 is purchased new and was able to print maybe 50 pages before I needed to change out the ink.  I got new ink (basic cartridge) and was able to print 5 pages and ran out of ink again.  It advertised to be able to print 200+ pages for the basic cartridge of ink.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What are you printing?  Page yield depends on percentage of ink coverage.  As an example, you can get more than rated yeild if you were only printing text, and you might get less if you were printing full page images.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It was a flyer with some images.  No matter what you print, the printer should be able to yield more than 5 pages.

Hello Tifischer,

If the ink is running out after 5 pages and the printer is new, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. The printer has a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase and they would be happy to check for any problems with the hardware and provide any service options.

rgebhardt
Apprentice

I am on the phone because I got the MB2720 recommenced by people for my small business. This printer will print may be 10 pages and is out of ink, the red isn't strong its more faded.. who can afford ink that costs this much and doesn't print 100 pages?!? I had an HP prior and I made stickers, regular documents, a lot of full print all high quality and could at least do 100 pages... 

Announcements