cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX7050 keeps printing black & white instead colors

Emanresu
Contributor

For unknown reason, my printer GX7000 series won't print in colors anymore even I clearly still have the blue, yellow and pink ink about 3/4, it just only print black & white no matter if I print from computers, smartphones or photo copy (I did pressed GREEN button). I haven't touched any settings since a year ago. I have tried to reset everything to default, it's still printing black & white

Is it the firmware problem? The firmware version is 1.130

12 REPLIES 12

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Do you see any error messages?
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?: GX7050
Do you see any error messages?: No
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?: Windows 11
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?: WiFi

I don't think this info matters, as photocopying ON the printer also have same issue. See below about nozzle check

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Emanresu wrote:

For unknown reason, my printer GX7000 series won't print in colors anymore even I clearly still have the blue, yellow and pink ink about 3/4, it just only print black & white no matter if I print from computers, smartphones or photo copy (I did pressed GREEN button). I haven't touched any settings since a year ago. I have tried to reset everything to default, it's still printing black & white

Is it the firmware problem? The firmware version is 1.130

Run a nozzle check.

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : GX7000 series : Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ran nozzle check. I'm only getting BK pattern on the paper, no C, M and Y pattern as mentioned on the manuals. Is it a sign the firmware is broken?

It is more likely a clogged print head; firmware doesn’t break. 

Run a nozzle cleaning and see if that cures it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yead I did cleaning 3 times, also ran deep cleaning then ran nozzle check and test page from service mode. I posted the image of the tests below

My guess then would be a failed print head or a component failure. Need to contact Canon service. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok thanks

IMG_20230718_172433320.jpg

Also ran test page from service mode, also no colors

IMG_20230718_172331315.jpg

Announcements