cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX7021 Not Working with Stamps.com

hillbillyfairy
Contributor

it seems that stamps.com doesn't like canon printers at all. i'm going to have to return my beautiful new gx7000, which cost >$700, which i bought for the 3 paper trays. i can't believe a printer this expensive can't be compatible with this very important software. for those of us mailing , i can't believe there hasn't been a solution. I am SO UNHAPPY RIGHT NOW

11 REPLIES 11

yep. i got a sort of workaround that i'm not sure is actually going to work. rep at stamps.com had me chose a #11 envelope instead of the #10. the postage is still a bit far from the edge of the envelope and i had to gerry-rig the return address. and I finally had to call the "support" number and tell the robot i was calling about sales. THEN i got transfered to tech support which wasn't very helpful

hillbillyfairy
Contributor

the solution: I created a custom envelope in the Stamps.com software (not the web version). My envelope is 4.25x9.5. The Stamps.com #10 is 4-1/8 x 9-1/2. I suppose 1/4" could make a difference, but it seems strange that it didn't effect my last printer. 

I only remembered to do this after recalling that I had to create custom postcards for stamps.com because the one supplied by stamps.com wasn't working. So, there you go. Sorry, canon, it was stamps.com all along that was the villain.

Announcements