cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6230dw Printing Blank Pages

FreeTransform
Apprentice

I've had the lbp6230dw for about a year and three months. Happy with it, until it started printing blank pages. Since I had never changed the toner cartridge, I decided to do that. Still blank. It spits out the correct number of pages in my job, but they're all blank. I removed the plastic strip before inserting the cartgridge, and shook the cartridge gently, and everything the instructions said to do. Help!

Printing from wirelessly from a MacBook Pro running Big Sur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Free transform,

If you are using Big Sur and you are getting blank prints, I would suggest downloading and installing the newest version of the drivers using the link provided HERE.

Once you have downloaded and installed the [Mac] UFRII LT Printer Driver Ver.1.5.8 from the link above, you can delete and add the printer.

1. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners.
  2. Use the - at the bottom of the printer list to remove any old connections.
  3. Click the + at the bottom of the list to open the add printer window.
  4. Highlight the printer in the list and make sure the driver with the printer name in the Use box near the add button.
  5. Click add.

Once the printer has been added back to the printer list, you can try printing again to see if the pages are still blank.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Free transform,

If you are using Big Sur and you are getting blank prints, I would suggest downloading and installing the newest version of the drivers using the link provided HERE.

Once you have downloaded and installed the [Mac] UFRII LT Printer Driver Ver.1.5.8 from the link above, you can delete and add the printer.

1. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners.
  2. Use the - at the bottom of the printer list to remove any old connections.
  3. Click the + at the bottom of the list to open the add printer window.
  4. Highlight the printer in the list and make sure the driver with the printer name in the Use box near the add button.
  5. Click add.

Once the printer has been added back to the printer list, you can try printing again to see if the pages are still blank.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. In the two months since I posted the original message, I thought to do that, and it solved the problem.

Announcements