cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP226dw Error #099 - Can't Determine What is Preventing Print Jobs

LeoC4
Apprentice

Up until the past month or so, my LBP226dw printer functioned flawlessly.  Now, I routinely receive error code #099, but can't figure out what's going on.  I did a "Initialize all data / settings" reset and went through the set up process.  My printer is connected via to my network (via WPS button).  I can usually get a Windows Printer Test Page to print, but that's about it.

What should I look for?  Windows troubleshooting doesn't help.

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, LeoC4!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of Windows is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Win11 Pro v10.0.22621

LeoC4
Apprentice

Thinking it is a driver problem (I run Win11 and all the updates are installed), I removed the printer from the list using the Start , then select Settings  > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners tool, but when I attempted to "Add Device", my laptop doesn't find it.

Now what?

LeoC4
Apprentice

I was able to print the 5-page document, but only after I fiddled with the WiFi network connection.

Is there a way to decode the #099 error?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Resources for your Canon product are available.  The manual is a great place to start:

Canon - imageCLASS LBP228dw / LBP227dw / LBP226dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Error 99

Countermeasures for Each Error Code (manual.canon)

Installation assistance:

Canon Support for imageCLASS LBP226dw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.  

Wireless Configuration and troubleshooting:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-lbp226dw#SETUPTROUBLESHOOTING

Drivers and Software for Windows 11

Canon offers PS, PCL6 and UFRII drivers for windows 11.  I suggest the UFRII drivers:

Canon Support for imageCLASS LBP226dw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Start by removing the device from Printers and Scanners (under settings).  Uninstall any Canon related software and applications (programs and Features), then restart your computer.  Now run the installation software and follow the prompts to connect your printer to your wireless network and install the drivers windows needs to communicate with the device.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Josh07
Apprentice

I have the same error on several PCs both windows 10 and windows 11 on a Canon 400if printer. I have also done what they indicate here and the error persists, any other ideas?

Announcements