cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP122dw changed itself to Japanese

strickce
Apprentice

My LBP121dw printer has set itself to Japanese, and I cannot find a way to reset it back to English.  Since the menu items are in Japanese, I cannot read them.  I tried to do a factory reset fokkowing a method found on the internet, but it did not work.  The method was: press and hold the down arrow and the OK buttons while powering up the machine.  Keep those two buttons depressed foe 10 to fifteen seconds.  Then power the machine off and back on.

I know that it did not reset the machine because the display is still in Japanese and I can still find the IP address in one of the menus. Any ideas how I might proceed?  The printer is worthless to me if I cannot find a way to reset it back to English.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Perfect, thanks for double checking! 

For this we recommend calling into support for assistance. They can walk to their LBP122dw and walk you through the button presses step by step to get you back in English! 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm ET, excluding holidays. When you call please be sure you say the whole model name (say imageclass, spell out the rest): imageCLASS L-B-P-1-2-2-d-w

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, strickce!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using as we're unable to find information for a unit with the model number you provided. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

strickce
Apprentice

The model is ImageClass LBP122dw

Perfect, thanks for double checking! 

For this we recommend calling into support for assistance. They can walk to their LBP122dw and walk you through the button presses step by step to get you back in English! 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm ET, excluding holidays. When you call please be sure you say the whole model name (say imageclass, spell out the rest): imageCLASS L-B-P-1-2-2-d-w

I called and the rep walked me through the menus and my printer is now speaking English again!  Thank you for your suggestion.

The menus typically are in the same ordering no matter the language.  So if you press the menu button on the Home screen, you should then see a list of those choices.  Then go in to "Preferences" which may be something like "設定".   "Display Preferences" should be something like "表示設定".  You may have to then traverse the menus until you find "Language" which should be something like "言語".

See page 199 in the User Manual for the structure of the language menu.  The language menu should be listing out the languages in their native language.  So the word "English" should appear in that list no matter what language the interface is set to.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

strickce
Apprentice

Thanks, I will try that today.   I had thought that I might have to find a Japanese person to help me.  

Announcements