cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Canon MF264dw II Series UFR II, Error: no printer driver installed

TE5LA
Contributor

I've had this printer for exactly 10 months and rarely print, but it had been working great the little I used it during this time. I think I've loaded paper into it twice.

Now, whenever I try to print, the "ERROR" indicator comes on. I can then press "Menu", at which time some paper settings come up. I press down to a paper selection, press OK, and the document prints fine.

When I go to Windows (Windows 10 64-bit) printers, it states that there is no printer driver installed for the printer. Odd, since it will print after the procedure above. The troubleshooter will then attempt to install a driver, instructing me to reboot computer.

When I view the printer properties, it tells me that the printer is not connected to the computer. It certainly is, via USB.

When I attempt to print a test page, it prints the page fine, but Windows opens a popup and tells me the printer could not print.

When I go back to "Printers & scanners", it reports that the printer is out of paper. It isn't. I select "Print test page", the error light comes on, I select the menu and scroll to a paper setting, press OK, and it prints.

Will this require an exorcism?

5 REPLIES 5

Ron

Hi TE5LA!  Welcome to the forum.  There are a number of printers in the imageCLASS MF26xxxx series.  To help fellow users to respond, can you confirm the exact model printer you have and if it was purchased in the United States?

Still waiting for a possible solution. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for being part of the conversation, TE5LA!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, the fastest way to get help is to give our imageCLASS support team a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  They're available weekdays, excluding holidays, from 9a to 8p ET (6a to 5p PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

So, this isn't a Canon support forum? If anyone knows the solution to this, they should be working there.

TE5LA
Contributor

MF264dw II

Announcements