cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Residue - MF743CDW

CG23
Apprentice

Hello,

Having an issue with our Canon MF743CDW. Picture is attached from when the fixing assembly was cleaned as it accentuates the problem. This happens on any page that we print. It always catches part of the ink and deposits it across the page as it prints. I've tried all of the maintenance items available in the printer menu. Any suggestions?

Thank you, B

IMG_0001.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cg23,

The image that you posted looks like there is a problem with the fixing unit or the drum on one of the toner cartridges. You can try inspecting the toner cartridges for any signs of damage or try replacing the cartridges to see if the print improves. If replacing the toner does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can log into your MyCanon account or you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 to check your available service options.

latlatl
Apprentice

This is happening to our MF743CDW printer too.  I cannot reach anyone on the phone.  We've inspected and replaced the toner cartridges, performed all maintenance, and the problem is continuing. Our printer is supposed to still be under warranty but since I cannot get anyone on the phone to assist, I don't know how this can be repaired and covered under the warranty.  Very disappointed after being a lifelong Canon customer.

Announcements