cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF264dw II Won't Print from Main Tray in Microsoft Word

davidrubin2020
Apprentice

I am getting an error when printing from Microsoft Word.  The yellow error light flashes and I see the following displayed on the printer panel. I must then scroll down to the bottom line of the display, then press the OK button to print from Microsoft Word. This does not happen if I am using paper in the multi-purpose tray.  This only happens when printing from the main printer tray.  This also does not happen when I am printing from Adobe Acrobat. This only happens when printing from Microsoft Word and the paper is in the main tray. I would like to be able to print from Microsoft Word as effortlessly as I can from Adobe Acrobat.Printer Panel.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Davidrubin2020,

That error will come up if the paper size or type is incorrect or the incorrect printer driver is used. From the image above it looks like the paper is set to plain paper 2. You can try registering the paper settings for the drawer and you can select the first option for plain paper in the list.

View solution in original post

davidrubin2020
Apprentice

This is really what fixed the problem. I discovered this setting was set to OFF.  When I set it to ON, I can now print easily from Microsoft Word.

20230211_231710.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Davidrubin2020,

That error will come up if the paper size or type is incorrect or the incorrect printer driver is used. From the image above it looks like the paper is set to plain paper 2. You can try registering the paper settings for the drawer and you can select the first option for plain paper in the list.

I am having a similar problem with my MF264, but it also won't recognize paper tray 1 even when trying to make copies, so can't be a printer driver problem, yes?

davidrubin2020
Apprentice

This is really what fixed the problem. I discovered this setting was set to OFF.  When I set it to ON, I can now print easily from Microsoft Word.

20230211_231710.jpg

Announcements