cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D530 printer issue

rankam
Apprentice

I have Imageclass D530 printer that stopped printing or scanning suddenly.  I think the USB2 port on the printer stopped working.  I thought it could be the cable so I bought a new cable and tried but same result.  I have tried with 3 laptops so far, all running Windows 8 patched up-to-date.  I have tried turning printer off/on, re-installing drivers, rebooting the laptops etc.   Only thing that works now on the printer is copier.   

I am seeking guidance on things I can try and also if there is a way to hard reset this printer.  

Thank you

Kittu

2 REPLIES 2

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

The Imageclass D530 is an older model. I did a quick scan of the documents associated with the unit, but don't see any reference to defaulting it.

Try calling Canon Support @ (800) 652-2666.

If the USB port has gone bad, it wouldn't be cost effective to repair the unit. I'd suggest replacing it with one of Canon's current models. 🙂

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rankam,

If the USB port on the printer is not responding, it will usually mean the printer needs service. To check for any available service options, you can log into your MyCanon account using the link HERE. To see if there are any troubleshooting steps that we can provide to address the issue please reply to this post with any specific erros you get on the computer when you try to use the D530 or connect it to your computer. Any extra details will help us check for any additional solutions.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements