cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass D1620 sheet feeder skews pages - THIRD printer!

wysocki
Contributor

Several months ago I got a D1620 for my small office. Soon, the sheet feeder on top started skewing pages clockwise about 5 degrees which bent the upper right and lower left edge of the originals. Obviously, copied pages (and scan files) ended up with rotated images.

I called Canon warranty service and they promptly sent out a replacement. BUT after a couple months, it too started doing the same exact issue! So I called Canon again and they now have sent me a replacement.

So this THIRD printer has now started exhibiting the same exact problem! The sheet feeder is skewing the pages in exactly the same manner. This has to be an endemic problem with this particular sheet feeder - I can't believe I would get three printers in a row that have the same defect. I believe I should be able to get a refund for my purchase since this printer replacement policy is not solving the problem. And what happens when my 1 year warranty runs out? Does anyone else have this issue with the paper scanner?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Wysocki,

If you are running into the same paper feed issue on 3 of the same printer, it could be caused by the media that is used with the printer or the location/environment that the printer is placed in. The printer has a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase that includes an exchange, but you can check with one of our service agents over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 to see what additional service options are available to resolve your specific issue. With a situation like this, I would suggest contacting service over the phone. The back and forth real time dialog provided from phone support can help check what variable could be causing you to have the same exact issue with three printers.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What size and type of paper are you printing on?
  2. Do you run into the same issue when you try to print on other types/sizes of paper?
  3. Did the issue begin after a paper jam or replacing the toner?

Announcements