cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF236n Poor Screenshot Print Quality in Comparison to Other Printer

joegranedt
Contributor

A client has a MF230 B&W network printer that is printing poor quality hard copies of a screen shot he makes from a business app--not art, graphics. 

When he prints the screen shot to his colleagues HP quality is not great but adequate; they can read the numbers and letters, but some of the lighter colored text is illegible when printed to the Canon. 

We upgraded the firmware on the Canon and the driver on his Windows (10/11?) computer.  I also ran Windows updates. 

Do you have any suggestions about ways to improve print clarity?

print screenshot to PDF.jpgPrint screenshot to Canon.jpgPrint screenshot to HP.jpgprinter, the

8 REPLIES 8

Arthur

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

joegranedt
Contributor

This is a pic of the label my client provided to me.   Is that adequate?

model.jpg

Thanks, though it doesn't quite answer our question regarding the model number.  On the imageCLASS MF230 series, it will probably be near the LCD screen on the front of the unit.  Each member of the imageCLASS MF230 family is just different enough that knowing this information would really help us to help you.

We look forward to your reply!

joegranedt
Contributor

My client says   Image CLASS  MF236n

joegranedt
Contributor

bump

Since this appears to be an issue with lighter colored text might there be a setting in the front panel menu somewhere that is not in the options in the Windows driver?

joegranedt
Contributor

any thoughts?

Hello Joegranedt,

If you have already tried to use the manual color adjustment settings under the quality tab in the print driver window, you can also try changing some of the print settings from the operation panel. You can try adjusting the halftones or you can try adjusting the density. You can view the list of printer settings that can be adjusted by using the link HERE.

joegranedt
Contributor

Thank you for the tips!

I previously created a print profile in the Preferences of the print driver.  On the Quality tab I set it to use the settings for "High Def Text". 

I'm expecting an update from the person today and will update the discussion. 

I'll convey to him your suggestion about the halftones.  I like the idea of having separate print profiles since most of his print jobs print fine; he just has the issue with a particular screen shot containing text in both grey and black.  He prints those screen shots daily but not frequently during the day. 

Announcements