cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to factory reset a MF416DW

ET198
Apprentice

Hello, I have an imageclass MF416DW but I have lost it's System Manager ID and PIN. Though the General Mode(requires no password), I can see my System Manager ID is Admin, but I tried all of my PIN including the detaulf 7654321 and none of them worked.     When I tried to go to System Management Settings under printer Menu, it still asks me for System Manager ID and PIN.    It seems there is no way to factory reset it after losing the System Manager ID and PIN. 

What can I do to reset it?

Thank you!

微信图片_20210216154809.jpg

微信图片_20210216154802.jpg

canon1.JPG

canon.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ET198
Apprentice

Problem Solved

After 1 hour waiting on the support line, I was instructed to first turn off the printer, press and hold 4 on the keypad, then turn on the printer.  And then magically I can reset all it's settings under Menu.  I wish this is on the user menu.

Thank you customer support!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ET198
Apprentice

Problem Solved

After 1 hour waiting on the support line, I was instructed to first turn off the printer, press and hold 4 on the keypad, then turn on the printer.  And then magically I can reset all it's settings under Menu.  I wish this is on the user menu.

Thank you customer support!

pcros69
Apprentice

This didn't work on mine.  It is darn near impossible to locate any customer support from Canon.  

Announcements