cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 255 for MF726cdw

kbmoose1
Contributor

I've had this printer for almost 2 years.  When it was only a month old, I got the 255 error and Canon told me to fix the ipv4 address.   That worked. 

Got error again several months ago.  Canon told me to power off, unplug, let it sit 20 minutes, then reconnect and restart my laptop.   This allowed a power build up to drain off.  It worked.

A month or two back, 255 became a daily issue.  Now it doesn't always clear up with the process.  I've reinstalled drivers, let printer sit for a day or two.  Results unpredictable. 

Canaon now says only support is through this forum. 

Any suggestions?  Or do I have a 40 pound white boat anchor? 

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi, kbmoose1!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

If you do, in fact, have the Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw, phone support is still available at 

1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00am to 6:30pm ET, excluding holidays, and via our website HERE

I tried contacting Canon about this - they said the community is the only support.

I'm offended by your response.  "If you do, in fact, have . . ."

You must think I'd make upa string of numbers and letters and a problem just so I could post to some obscure website.  

Well, I do NOT, in fact, have the printer any longer.  Due to your response and Canon's lack of support, I disposed of the boat anchor.  

Hi kbmoose1.

We sincerely apologize for the difficulties and inconvenience you have experienced.

The MF726Cdw is still supported by our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions telephone support group, so I would like to apologize for this misinformation.

I would also like to apologize for the poor choice of wording in the "If you do, in fact, have" message, as that is not at all what we meant.

As a Canon customer, your satisfaction with our products and service is very important to us.  We are dedicated to doing our best to provide excellent support of our products, warranties, and customers. If, in the future, you reconsider your decision, we hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements