cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver download for MF210 Series

SomervilleTom
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF210 series printer/scanner that still works just fine on my older computers.

On one of these, the "Settings->Canon MF210 Series Properties->Advance" dropdown for the "Driver" says "Canon MF210 Series". Printing from this system works fine.

I have a new laptop running a current version of Windows 10 Pro, and it is apparently unable to find drivers for the MF210. On the same setting page on the new system, the "Driver" says: "Microsoft IPP Class Driver". Attempts to print from this system fail.

The printer is connected using a standard TCP/IP port.

I've looked on the Canon download page, and see only drivers for more recent products. I do trust third-party driver sites.

How do I best obtain the drivers needed for my MF210?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Heh. It appears that we may each be correct.

Here is the screenshot (from the system with the working drivers) that caused me to seek a "Canon MF210 Series" driver:

mf210_driver.png

When I looked closely at the device itself, I see that it says "MF216n".

There is, in fact, an option on the above download page with drivers for the MF216n:
canon_drivers.png

This was on the page for the "MF212w" (note the circled model number in the URL in the second screenshot).

I really do appreciate your attention and patience. I'm glad that this does seem to be a source for the appropriate downloads.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@dexman335: I appreciate your attention.

I had already found that link myself. That link in turn references a driver download page.

Sadly, the MF210 is not mentioned in any of the download links on that page.

That's why I came here, in fact.

I'm wondering if there is no such printer model #210. I've seen references to the MF740 series of printers, but there is no such model number. Canon has the MF741, 743, 745 & (746?).

When I search (Google & Bing) for MF210, I find no specific printer referenced. The searches always reference another unit with a similar model number.

My thought would be to call Canon Support and have the rep check for a specific model number 210. 🙂

Heh. It appears that we may each be correct.

Here is the screenshot (from the system with the working drivers) that caused me to seek a "Canon MF210 Series" driver:

mf210_driver.png

When I looked closely at the device itself, I see that it says "MF216n".

There is, in fact, an option on the above download page with drivers for the MF216n:
canon_drivers.png

This was on the page for the "MF212w" (note the circled model number in the URL in the second screenshot).

I really do appreciate your attention and patience. I'm glad that this does seem to be a source for the appropriate downloads.

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

😊

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements