cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not Perform Cleaning on LBP151DW

HomesteadLRS
Apprentice

Our LBP151DW printer has developed streaking on each page printed.  I followed all the instructions on how to clean the fixing unit (Canon Knowledge Base - Cleaning the Inside of the Printer) but when I click "OK" to start the cleaning, I immediately get a "Could not perform cleaning" error message.

The printer is connected to the computer via USB and the computer is running Windows 10 Pro (version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2486).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you are getting streaks in the print, it could point to a problem with the toner or hardware. If you have already tried cleaning the fixing assembly and it will not start, you can try reseating the toner cartridge and gently shaking it to make sure the toner is evenly distributed. If you are still unable to clean the fixing assembly and still have the issue, you can try replacing the toner cartridge.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What model toner cartridge are you using and what company is it made by?
  2. Do you have the same issue if you use a different black toner cartridge in the printer?

Hi Hector

Thanks for the reply.  The issue does not go away when we change toner cartridges.  The toner we are using are 3rd party toners that are available on Amazon.

This printer is quite old and we are in the process of purchasing a new Canon printer to replace this one.

Thanks again.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@HomesteadLRS,

An issue with your toners could be the problem.  There is also a setting that if enabled keeps the clean fixer assembly operation from completing manually.  I think it might be "Auto clean fixer assembly".      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements