cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Scan is Blank MFC8080WC (Print is good)

Udi2000
Apprentice

My MFC8080WC printer's scanning and copying function produce blanks. Printing function works fine. I updated the firmware to the latest found on the Canon USA website. Still the issue is there. Any luck in getting it fixed?

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star
I pulled up the Starter Guide for the unit and it has a publish year of 2011. My personal opinion is that it would be better to replace rather than pursue a repair.

Thanks for your advice! I am wondering whether there is a way to factory reset the printer, so that it would fix the issue. 

dexman335
Rising Star
The user guide should be available on the product page of Canon's website. There likely is a way to default the unit. I used to own an MF8180c. Worked well for years. Eventually it only printed with yellow toner. No amount of troubleshooting could correct the problem. Ended up ♻️ it and replaced it with an MF726Cdw.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Udi2000,

If the scans and copies are blank, it would point to a problem with the scanner element and the MFC would need service. You can access your available service options using the link HERE to log into your My Canon account.

Announcements