cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues when using Canon MF642 Scanner

witvulco
Apprentice

Hello.

I have always had this issue with Canon multifunction printers for as long as I've used canon and owned a Mac.

I'm running OS Sonoma. When I open the MF Scan Utility to scan a document I get the following error.

"Cannot communicate with any of the scanners. The scanners may not be connected, or may be turned off."

It requires me to restart my computer and printer and only solves the problem until the next sleep cycle. It's super annoying especially if I need to scan something and it's not convenient to restart my computer. The printer always works during this time. Strange enough, I can open the printer settings and scan from there within System Settings.

This also happened with my MF8380 and I had a different Mac at that time.

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, witvulco!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know whether your computer and your printer communicate with each other via a USB cable or via Wi-Fi. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements